Dabbawalla Out of This World Rocket Kids Lunch Bag
Dabbawalla Lunch Bags are crafted from eco-sponge, an innovative neoprene-like fabric that has earned the rigorous Oeko-Tex 100 standard of safety in textiles, an ecological certification process that tests for over 100 harmful substances. The insulated fabric is stain-resistant and helps retain food temperatures. Completely machine-washable! Just lay flat to dry and these lunch bags dry quickly. These lunch bags are eco-friendly and indisputably practical, too.
Dabbawalla Bags are all about Fun + Function. Modern bags for kids on the go! Smart design plus remarkable material create a wonderful bag your little one will adore.
Bright graphics and functional simplicity set these bags apart. Dabbawalla Bags are flexible and strong; tough enough to take a lot of rough-n-tumble. All while also being stylish enough to stand out from the crowd.
- Ideal for school lunches or toting snacks to the park
- Integrated easy-to-grip handle on top
- Two inside mesh pockets
- Insulating construction helps holds temperature for hours -- interior ice pack pocket for longer outings
- Outside back pocket
- Stands upright for easy inside access.
- Dimensions: 12"Lx11"Wx 5"D
- Designed in the USA and responsibly sewn in Taiwan by a woman-owned and operated facility that supports fair labor practices. Each bag is crafted individually, and may have subtle differences which add to their unique charm.
- Machine Washable – Drip Dry
"da - ba - wa - lla":
1. A person in India who carries lunch boxes to office workers.
2. A stylish, practical bag for little people on the go
Frustrated by the lack of functional, appropriately-sized bags available for children, sisters Susan Givens and Carol Mack teamed up to create Dabbawalla Bags. Inspired by the functional simplicity of European design, the launch product line is sized specifically for preschool and early elementary school children. You’ll find no cartoon characters or action figures, no utilitarian oversized styles that mimic adult packs – just simple, colorful designs that kids of all ages can relate to.
The name Dabbawalla was inspired by Susan’s travels in India where she was fascinated with the complex system of lunch box delivery men known as dabbawallas.
The mission at Dabbawalla Bags is simple: design fun, functional bags that appeal to both kids and adults while promoting social responsibility. The bags are crafted by sewers who earn fair wages in safe working conditions, and Dabbawalla Bags conducts business with companies who support this commitment.